About 10 years ago, I found the best oatmeal cookie recipe ever! They were soft and chewy and a little bit spicy. The first, and only, time I made them were as treats for a weekend boat trip to Nanaimo where we were watching the sinking of H.M.C.S. Saskatchewan - Nanaimo's first artificial reef. The weekend and the cookies were fantastic! But I lost the recipe. Like many underwater treasures, it has remained lost ever since.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-1/4 large flake rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package baking "kisses" or large chocolate chips
What to do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Stir in oats.
- In another mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Blend in water.
- Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Shape into small balls and place a "kiss" or chip in the centre.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.