Yet another scone recipe!!! What can I say except "I love scones!" This one is loaded with mini-chocolate chips. Great out of the oven but these make a great grab-and-go snack for kids and adults alike. Enjoy!
1/4 cup berry or castor sugar
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, cold
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup aguave syrup
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup mini-chocolate chips
What to do:
Yield is between 18-24 scones depending on size.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Whisk together.
- Add butter to flour bowl and using a pastry blender (or two knives) mix together until it resembles course crumbs.
- In another bowl, add egg, syrup, and buttermilk.
- Add chips to DRY ingredients.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add liquid bowl in one go.
- Combine gently with a fork until dough starts to come together.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead 10 times.
- Roll or pat dough into a square that is approximately 1 cm thick.
- Cut into squares about 3 cm or so wide. Cut these squares in half to form triangles. (A pizza cutter works well.)
- Place triangles on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden
- Cool and enjoy!