Before this recipe, I thought I didn't like cranberry loaf. The cranberries were always too tart and often bakers would try to cover up this tartness with glazes that were too sweet. Then I tried this recipe! It was a eureka moment in my cranberry loaf life. You see, the cranberries are put into the blender (or processor) before you add them to the batter. The little pieces mean no big cranberries to make my taste buds cringe. There is also no need to add a glaze. The orange juice in the batter adds a layer of subtle sweetness. Try this recipe if you like cranberry loaf and especially if you don't. Enjoy!
1 cup cranberries
1-3/4 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg
3/4 orange juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
What to do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 8-1/2x4-1/2x3-inch loaf pan.
- In a blender coarsely chop cranberries.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together egg, orange juice and oil.
- Add the oil mixture to the dry ingredients and beat for 30 seconds.
- Stir in berries.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.