Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Prime Rib Hash


Prime Rib or Standing Rib Roast was on sale last week at my local grocery store. To be honest, I find Prime Rib too fatty for my taste but I thought it might be good in hash. I was right! This is an easy and delicious recipe for left over prime rib!




Ingredients
3 cups cooked and cubed prime rib
3 cups cubed baked or boiled potatoes (preferably ones baked with the roast!)
1 large onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 small turnip, diced and steamed or boiled
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 inch piece of ginger, minced
1 sweet potato, cooked and diced
1 tbsp butter
salt
pepper
smoked paprika
1 tbsp savory, chopped

What to do

In large nonstick skillet, melt 1 tbsp of the butter over medium heat; cook onion and pepper until softened, about 3 minutes. Add potatoes, beef, garlic, ginger, turnip, smoked paprika, salt and pepper; heat, stirring, until heated through, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat; mix in savory. Enjoy!
 
Makes 4-6 servings.
 



 

3 comments:

  1. so tasty looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh. My comment got lost! Darn Blogger.
    I said, I don't think I would have any prime rib left over, even if I happened to buy it. But this does look so so so good.

    ReplyDelete