Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Blueberry Coffee Cake
I have to be honest, I don’t like plain blueberries. Plain blueberries just don’t work for me. I don’t like the texture. But when blueberries are added to a pie, or a muffin, or a cake they turn into a delicious, mouth-watering treat!
This recipe is incredibly easy and mess free! Everything gets dumped into a big bowl and mixed up (a great recipe when kids want to play sous chef!). Sprinkle some blueberries, cinnamon and sugar on top and you get a delicious coffee cake that your friends, guests and family will love.
Adapted from : “Marie Nightingale’s Favourite Recipes”
2 cups flour
1½ cups sugar
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2/3 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup milk
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
¼ cup granulated sugar
1/3 teaspoon cinnamon
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large bowl, mix 1st six ingredients. Blend them at a low speed until just moistened and then mix at medium speed for 3-4 minutes.
3. Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 greased pan.
4. Sprinkle blueberries on top.
5. Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over berries.
6. Bake for 40 – 50 minutes.
7. Cool and enjoy!