Tuesday, April 6, 2010
For the last couple of months, one of the things on my recipe "to do" list has been roasted cauliflower. The thought of roasting a vegetable heretofore known as either a mere raw must have on a veggie plate or something steamed sounds intriguing to me. Could it really be made to taste as anything but a healthy, but rather less than sexy dish?? Today, was the day to find out. I mixed a bunch of my favorite spices together, added some oil and fresh garlic. Poured it over the chopped cauliflower, added some breadcrumbs and butter and called it a day. Actually, I called it delcious - deliciously sexy! I will defintely whip this up the next time we have company over. I'm sure it will get positive reviews!
1 head cauliflower
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp medium curry powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1 tsp Old Bay or other seasoned salt
4 cloves garlic
1/4 c panko or regular bread crumbs
1 tbsp butter
Method:1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Chop up head of cauliflower into large bite size pieces.
3. Place in medium size roasting pan or oven proof dish.
4. In a small bowl add all spices, garlic, ginger and oil. Mix well.
5. Sprinkle over cauliflower.
6. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over cauliflower.
7. Dot with butter.
8. If desired sprinkle with a dash more salt.
9. Place in oven and roast for approximately 25 minutes.