|Easy almond butter - one ingredient!|
Who knew it was so easy to make almond butter? Not me, that's who!
We had a bag of almonds that tasted a bit stale to me so I was going to through them out...but it was a whole pound of nuts. Since I didn't want to waste them I decided to use them in my first attempt at making almond butter - if I totally screwed it up then no biggie since I was going to throw them out anyways.
I basically roasted them for twelve minutes in the oven. This actually made them taste much better!
I then threw them in my Nutribullet. If you don't have one a food processor will do the job - it just might take a bit longer or be a bit grainier than my results.
I didn't add anything else - no salt, no sugar, no nothing.
My husband says this almond butter is better than any type we have bought before! It's also creamier and doesn't seem to go as clumpy once in the fridge. It's delicious on apples, bread, yogourt, smoothies, oatmeal...well pretty much anything!
- If using raw almonds, toast them in a 350 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Throw into food processor or Nutribullet.
- Turn it on. It will quickly look like sand and you may think this is not gonna work. It will.
- If you have to, stop it and stir or shake it. Turn on again. Repeat as needed.
- Eventually (5-10 minutes) you will see it start to look more like almond butter. Keep going so it become really smooth. (another 3-5 minutes)
- I was multitasking the day I made this so I turned off the Nutribullet for 10 minutes while I did other things and then put it on again to ensure it was as smooth as possible.
Makes about a cup of almond butter.