These are one of my favorite Christmas cookies. In fact, I like them so much I couldn't wait for Christmas! These skeleton cookies are made with a Wilton cookie cutter and premade icing for super easy cookie making. My advice is to follow the pictures and let each colour set for 10 minutes or so before adding another colour.
1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2-1/2 cups flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 teaspooon nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
What to do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars together until smooth about 3 minutes.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat for an additional 2 minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- Stir in dry ingredients into butter mixture in 2 additions.
- Flatten dough into a disk shape.
- Wrap disc in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Roll out each disc into 1/8 inch thickness.
- Using 3 inch cookie cutters, cut out shapes and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, until edges are browned.
- Immediately move to cooling racks.
- Makes about 30 cookies.