My son requested these muffins - I think he's a little bit sick of my chocolate avocado muffins that I've been making for weeks! I forgot how good these cherry surprise honey muffins are...so moist and the honey really adds a wonderful touch of flavor to these treats.
Ingredients3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour (all purpose can be substituted)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup plain yogourt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c cherry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On medium low heat combine honey, oats, cinnamon, and vanilla. Heat until honey is warm. Remove from heat.
- In large mixing bowl beat together sugar, eggs and oil on medium high speed until well combined.
- In small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add half the flour mixture to the egg bowl and stir on low speed until just combined.
- Add the yogurt and mix again.
- Add the oat mixture and stir.
- Add the last of the flour. Stir just until combined.
- Fill muffin tin about 1/2 way with batter.
- Add a tsp or so of cherry jam in the middle of each tin.
- Cover with a bit more batter.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden and tooth pick test comes out clean.
- Cool for ten minutes in tins and then remove muffins from tins and cool completely on wire rack.