Sunday, March 2, 2014

Dusting

This was given to me about 9 years ago and I love it because it reminds me of good times and wonderful people.

But I have to confess that I had forgotten about it. It has been sitting on a bottom shelf in my kitchen gathering a bit of dust. Last weekend, my 7 year old son was helping me organize the spices that I keep on the same shelf. He brought it over to me and said I "must clean this thing" because it had a good layer of dust on it. Of course, he asked me what it was, where I got it, how to use it, could he make magic potions with it etc etc ... asking a tonne of questions as kids his age do.

The stove top coffee maker and my son's questions brought back a lot of memories though I have to admit one of them wasn't how to use it! I googled (what did we do before google became a verb?) how to make espresso with it and bought some Italian coffee. I'm going to make a cup on the weekend and enjoy the coffee and the memories all over again. I know we can't go back in time, change words said or left unsaid and it's important to live in the here and now but once in awhile it's good to remember past moments, experiences and people. After all, they've made us you who we are today, don't you think?

So even though you're not asking, my advice today is to look around for something you've forgotten or, perhaps, are overlooking even though it's right in front of you. Dust it off and enjoy it one more time.




No comments:

Post a Comment