Cauliflower Fried "Rice"This is one of my favorite all veggie meals and a great way to use up extra cauliflower and veggies. You can add whatever vegetables you have on hand and any of your favorite spices. I also like that it feels more like a meal than just eating plain veggies. I often leave out the eggs but if I want a bit of protein it is a great option. For anyone following a Paleo meal plan or anyone trying to reduce their meat intake, this would be a great meal. It's very filling!
Ingredients1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
1/2 head broccoli
1/2 shredded carrots
1/2 medium red onion, diced
1 small zucchini
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp chili flakes
2 eggs (optional), slightly beaten
1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce or teriyaki sauce
1 tbsp grated ginger
sesame seeds to garnish
- Throw the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until they are the desired size (think grain of rice).
- Place them in a large bowl.
- Then reuse the processor bowl and do the same thing for the other veggies.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 -2 tbsp oil.
- Throw in the veggies.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chili flakes.
- Stir fry until cooked - about 7-10 minutes.
- Make a well in the centre of the veggies and add the eggs.
- Stir the eggs until slightly scrambled and then mix through the veggies.
- Add the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.