I love quick and easy recipes. I love them even more when they are a bit healthier than everyday varieties of the same thing.
This muffin recipe is made with whole wheat pastry flour and flax seed to boost the fiber content and has less oil than other similar recipes. Despite this healthier version there is still lots of flavour! I use my own home made raspberry-lime jam but any variety will do. If you don't have turbinado sugar substitute regular granulated (same amount).
|Healthier and more flavour than store bought!|
Makes 12 muffins.
Ingredients2 c whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 c turbinado sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp ground flax seed (optional)
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 c milk
1/4 c vegetable oil
1 c jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 12 muffin tins with baking spray.
- In medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, flax, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, lightly whisk egg, milk,and oil.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the egg mixture. Stir just to combine.
- Add jam and stir to combine (as little stirring as possible to prevent tough muffins!)
- Divide among muffin tins (about 2/3 full).
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
|I love the colour of the batter before baking!|
|Leave off the butter for fewer calories!|