If I put flax and oatmeal in a cookie along with some dark chocolate that makes them a health food, right?.....right??? Come on work with me here, people!
Ok, ok maybe they are not a health food but they are delicious!
Makes 20 large or 48 small cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp milled flax
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups large flake rolled oats
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (or the whole bag...whichever ever is easier!)
1/2 c toffee bits
1/2 c premade icing, totally optional
What to do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy...about 4 minutes.
- Add egg one at a time, mixing in the first before adding the second.
- Add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, flax and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter bowl until just incorporated - don't over mix.
- Add the oats and chocolate chips. Stir until just mixed in.
- For large cookies drop dough in 1/4 c mounds on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or silpat.
- Bake for 14 -16minutes or until just starting to turn golden brown around the edges. For small cookies, use a tbsp or 1-1/2 inch cookie scooper and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool for five minutes on cookie sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If desired, drizzle a little premade icing on them!