'Tis the season for colds, flus and germs in general! So there is no better time than now to share my recipe for chicken noodle soup. I promise it tastes better than anything you can get out of a can...and even when you are sick and your taste buds are seeminly on vacation, you will love this soup.
6 cups chicken stock (I prefer homemade but store bought will do)
500 grams broad egg noodles (more or less depending on how noodly you like it)
1 onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, diced
2 tsp oil
1 tsp medium strength curry powder
2-3 large carrots, chopped
1 leek, chopped (green and white parts only)
2 celery stalks, chopped
3 cups cooked chicken, pulled apart (save time and use a freshly precooked chicken from grocery store)
What to do
- In a large stock pot or pan, heat oil.
- Sautee onion, carrots, jalapeno and celery for about 4 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add curry powder and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Add pasta.
- Cook according to time on pasta package for al dente. Al dente is important as pasta will cook more when reheated.
- Add chicken and heat through.