Monday, March 8, 2010

New Cook Book - Rose's Heavenly Cakes

Thanks to this blog post, I won Rose Levy's Beranbaum's new cookbook, Rose's Heavenly Cakes, thanks to Half Hour Meals and it finally arrived last night. I have to say after a long day at work, getting the kids ready for bed and having completed a 35 minute run (that I really didn't want to do) I was beyond tired...till I opened this beautifully bound book. The photographs! The descriptions! The detailed instructions! The chocolate! OH MY! I wanted to get up and start baking then and there. My sore quads prevented that but I did make a mental list of the beautifuls cakes I wanted to try ....

Oh Rose, you are a master baker and one of my food idols -- right up there with Julia.  I'll be sure to post as I bake my way through this inspiring work of art.

1 comment: