I love s'mores! Who doesn't, right? But sadly, we don't have access to a roaring campfire all that often. These individual tarts are a great way to bring back the s'more feeling when you can't make it outside (and bonus you can avoid all the smoke and ash of a real camp out).
This sour cream ganache has a tart/sharp flavour to it and is very rich! I think you could serve two people with one individual tart, if desired.
Makes 4, four inch tarts.
1-1/4 c graham crackers
1/4 c coconut
1/2 c unsalted butter, melted
- Combine all three ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Remove two tablespoons of crumb mixture and set aside.
- Press into 4 mini tart pans (10cm/4 inches each) - as compactly as possible.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
1 cup full fat sour cream at room temperature
210 grams dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- Melt chocolate in double broiler.
- Take off heat and stir in sour cream until smooth.
Instructions - final steps
- Spoon ganache into graham tarts and smooth.
- Place mini marshmallows over ganache to cover tarts.
- Set oven to broil with rack about 4 inches from burner.
- Place all tarts on a rimmed baking pan and place under broiler.
- Carefully watch until marshmallows are golden brown. You may have to remove individual tarts if you find some browning faster than others.
- If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with left over crumbs.
- Can be left covered at room temperature for up to 6 hours.