Ingredients1-3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup rye flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup plain kefir
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together flours, oats, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl or large measuring cup, mix kefir and egg.
- With a fork, stir wet into dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Flour hands and shape the dough into a flat, round loaf.
- Place on floured or corn meal sprinkled baking sheet.
- Flatten into a disc that is approximately 4-5 cm high.
- Score a cross into the dough with 1 cm deep cuts.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until it sounds hollow when tapped.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cover with a tea towel (keeps it soft).