Ever get intense, give it to me now, craving for chocolate chip cookies? I do. And there is nothing more frustrating when all I have is cold hard butter instead of the room temperature version most recipes call for. This recipe avoids the problem by using melted butter! The cookies are crispy and perfectly sweet. Mmmm craving satisfied.
I used mini m&m's but you could substitute regular or mini chocolate chips.
Ingredients2-2/3 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 c granulated sugar
2/3 c melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp hot water
1 package (about 2 cups) mini m&ms or chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until well mixed.
- Add eggs and beat for 30 seconds until incorporated.
- Mix in vanilla and water.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Using 1-inch cookie scoop, place on ungreased baking pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Cool on pan for 5 minutes and remove to cooking rack.
- Repeat with remaining batter.