Monday, August 19, 2013

Coconut Rice

Coconut Rice: www.withinthekitchen.blogspot.com

Coconut Rice

I don't make coconut rice often but when I do I really enjoy it. The coconut flavour is very subtle but seems to pop a bit more the next day. It complements curries, seafood, and chicken dishes. 

Lots of recipes will dilute the coconut milk with water but to be honest I just use straight coconut milk because I don't want to waste the can of coconut milk when I don't need a tonne of rice! The key is to watch the rice - the coconut milk will burn! As soon as the rice/milk starts to boil turn the heat down to minimum and then take it off the heat completely to rest.

I usually use jasmine rice but any type of white rice will work.

Ingredients


1.5 cups lite coconut milk
1 cup rice
2 tsp sugar
pinch of salt

Instructions


  1. Place all ingredients in medium size sauce pan over medium high heat. 
  2. Bring to a boil. 
  3. Immediately reduce heat to minimum and cover for 12 minutes. 
  4. Remove from heat but do not remove pot cover. 
  5. Let sit for 15 minutes. 
  6. Fluff with fork and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment