|Cut onions as thinly as possible.|
So many uses:
- out of the container
- as a condiment with meat
2 medium to large red onions
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup white basalmic vinegar
1/4 cup red basalmic vinegar
1 tsp sriracha sauce or other hot sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 fresh ground pepper
What to do
- Cut onions in half and slice as thinly as possible.
- Over medium heat, stir vinegars, sugar, hot sauce, salt, and pepper until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a simmer and add onions.
- Bring back to simmer and immediately remove from heat.
- Place in container and refrigerate overnight.