Thumbprint cookies are so simple and easy to make. They are also the perfect recipe when the kids want to help in the kitchen. Their little thumbs are the perfect size for making the needed jam holder!
Makes about 20 delicious cookies.
1-1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs yolks
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups flour
3/4 cup jam (any flavor)
What to do
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Beat in egg yolks, vanilla and salt.
- In another bowl whisk flour and salt.
- Gently combine flour and salt into creamed ingredient bowl.
- Form dough into 1-inch diameter balls.
- Place 2 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Press down center of each with your thumb or back of spoon.
- Fill centers with about 1 teaspoon of your jam.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
- Cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.