Sometimes it's just waaaay to hot to cook or even eat something hot! On those days this is a perfect recipe that uses fresh fruit, shrimp and a bright vinegary dressing that will satisfy your taste buds and keep you cool!
Adapted from a recipe at http://www.epicurious.com/
- 8 ounces very thin cellophane noodles
- 1 pound cooked, peeled, and deveined medium or large shrimp
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large nectarines, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 green onions or scallions, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1 chopped fresh jalapeño chile, including seeds, or to taste
- 2/3 cup rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt
What to do
- Cover noodles with boiling-hot water in a large bowl and let stand 8 minutes.
- Drain noodles in a colander and rinse with cold running water. Drain again.
- Place back in bowl and add shrimp, mango, nectarines, green onions, basil, and jalapeno.
- In a small bowl, stir together vinegar, sugar, and salt until sugar is dissolved.
- Toss with noodles and shrimp.