My kids LOVE LOVE LOVE this dessert - "delicious", "the best ever", "mmmm" were all used in describing it and they each ate two servings. My 4 year old son plans on having it for breakfast :) Note: They did have it for breakfast (with yogourt) and begged me to make another.
Some tips: I prefer to use a shallow longer dish rather than a deep casserole dish that way you get to enjoy more crispy topping per serving!
- Also, any fruit pretty much works and the quantities are just guide lines. Just don't over pack the dish or you may experience juice overflow and make a mess of your oven!
- I coated the blueberries in flour so they wouldn't become too juicy.
- Coarse sugar sprinkled on top before baking adds a great touch to this dish!
- 2 mangos
- 2 apples
- 1-1/2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
What to do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop up mango, apples, and strawberries.
- Place chopped fruit in medium baking dish.
- Place blue berries in bowl and throw in a table spoon of flour. Coat berries.
- Place berries with other fruit.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, spices, and sugar.
- Add oats.
- Pour butter over flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Drop in small amounts over fruit base until fruit is well covered.
- If you have any course sugar, sprinkle over topping along with an extra shake of cinnamon.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.