Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Grilled Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad

Grilled Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad

I was looking for a light, and bright tasting salad to go with pulled pork sandwiches and beans. Finally I combined the best of a few recipes with corn, tomatoes and avocado. I added lime and rice vinegar to a simple vinegrette and I decided to roast the corn to bring out its sweetness. 

Simple, different and delicious!


Ingredients
2 avocados, chopped or use melon baller
2 cups cherry tomatos, halved or grape tomatoes, whole
6 corn on the cobs, grilled and corn niblets cut off (or can be boiled, or even 2 cups from a can but grilling them will add lots of flavour)
2 limes, juiced
3 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tbsp seasoned rice wine vingar (optional)
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup chopped parsley
salt and pepper to taste


How to grill corn:
Husk the corn and place directly on grill over medium heat. Turn often (every minute or so) until some niblets are slightly blackened and corn is heated through.


What to do:
Set aside 1/4 of chopped avocado.
Mix corn niblets, tomatoes and remaining avocado in large bowl.


Dressing:
In small bowl mash avocado that was set aside.
In another small bowl, juice the limes and add the oil and vinegar. Whisk until combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
Combine the mashed avocado and dressing until creamy and smooth.


Dress Salad:
Add to vegetables.
Add parlsey and cilantro.
Mix and serve.


Enjoy!



17 comments:

  1. Oh me oh my...that looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE grilled corn - yours salad looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, that is a summer salad to die for!Love grilled veg. GREG

    ReplyDelete
  4. The presentation here is just awesome - love how you left the corn in "groups" and made the avocado into balls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that looks perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I just picked corn and pear tomatoes from my garden to make this. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and colorful! There are so many great things you can do with vegetables. Mm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photography and a scrumptious looking salad. This is definitely something my family and I would love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bought avocado and I have the rest of the ingredients too...hmm I guess I can make it tonight :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks fantastic! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great presentation! i have just discovered you and i appreciate a lot your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful summer salad, looks great in the top 9, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw your blog on foodbuzz and had to come wax poetic about how much I love corn and avocado salad. It has been a summer staple in my house for a few years, but we have never tried it with vinegar, or roasted corn. Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like an amazing combination of flavors! Can't wait to whip this up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i just made this for dinner... OHMIGOD.... delicious!!! Thank you so much for the amazing recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just found your blog, and am a new follower. This salad looks great! Patsy

    ReplyDelete