|From bat sandwich|
Sandwiches are highly underrated. From the time we are kids sandwiches are apart of North American kids lives - peanut butter and jam, butter and sugar, cucumber and mayo, peanut butter and mustard, and the ever popular processed cheese on white bread are just a few classic and strange creations that I grew up with!
But now that I'm all grown up, my tastes occasionally move on to more adult classics like the BLT! I was craving one tonight but decided to substitute avocados for the lettuce when I decided to grill it on the panini press (the lettuce would go soggy in the press). I also added a bit of herbed cream cheese to make it even creamier. I used soursough bread because of the added bite in flavour and the nice crisp texture it has once pressed.
1/3 of an avocado
1 vine ripeded tomato, sliced
3-5 strips of bacon (I use precooked to save time)
2 tbsp herbed cream cheese
2 thick pieces sour dough bread
What to do
- Spread avocado one one side of bread.
- Layer bacon and tomatos on top of avocado.
- Spread other side of bread with cream cheese.
- Place bread cheese side down on tomato slices.
- If desired, spread a bit of butter or oil on both sides of sandwixh.
- Place in panini press for approximately 4-6 minutes dependingon how toasted you like your bread.
- Carefully remove from press and cut on diagonal. Add pickle if desired and enjoy!