1.5 lbs potatoes
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp mustard seeds
2 medium onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1 tsp tumeric
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup peas
2 tbsp cilantro
4 large soft tortillas
mango chutney - optional (but really good)
What to do
- Cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes (don't peel them unless you want them that way).
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add mustard seeds and cook till they start to jump and pop.
- Add the onions, garlic and ginger. Cook with low heat till soft. Stir frequently.
- Add the tumeric, cayenne, cumin, garam masala, salt and potatoes.
- Stir for a minute or two until everything is nicely mixed.
- Add water. Stir. Cover.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are cooked and tender.
- Add the peas, cover pan and cook for another 5 minutes or so.
- Mix in cilantro.
- I like to mash up the mixture just a little - but up to you!
- Wrap tortillas in foil and heat for 5-8 minutes in oven at 350 degrees. OR microwave for 10-20 seconds.
- Divide potato mixture into tortillas.
- Add some mango chutney and cilantro if desired inside the wrap or on the side.
- Wrap like a burrito. If you need instructions on wrapping look here:http://www.ehow.com/how_5327072_wrap-perfect-burrito.html