Not only do these ribs get massaged with a spicy dry rub, they are lathered and pampered up with BBQ sauce!
You will need:
2 Tbsp smoked paprika
1.5 Tbsp chipotle powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp cumin
1 tsp celery seed
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
We use a local bottled variety - any will do.
2 large racks of baby back ribs.
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Mix the dry rub spices together in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Rinse and pat the ribs dry.
5. Remove the paper thin membrane covering the bone side of the ribs. This is important otherwise you will end up with tough meat.
6. Put the rub all over the ribs and place on baking sheet. (If time permits, let sit in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.)
7. Cover with foil and place ribs in bottom third of oven for 1hr and 45 minutes minutes.
8. Ribs can be prepared to this point and refrigerated till ready. (very convenient for make ahead meals)
9. When ready to grill use medium heat.
10. Cut rib racks in 1/2 or in thirds.
11.Put fat side down and baste with sauce. Grill for 5 minutes with lid closed.
12. Rebaste. do not turn. Grill for 2 minutes.
13. Flip. Baste. Close lid again for 4 minutes.
14. Baste again if you like them saucy.
Good side options: Baked beans, salad, corn on the cob